Committed to nurturing new talents in and new audiences for Indian performing arts, Ranan initiated 'Ankur', an annual event for emerging talent in the Indian performing arts, in 2004.
'Ankur 2009' is scheduled for August this year and will comprise two recitals of Indian classical dance. We invite applications from prospective participants between the ages of 18 and 30 as on 1 July 2009.
Applications will be screened by an expert committee and selected candidates informed by end-June. Established professional performers will not be considered.
Applications should include:
- A complete CV of the candidate with all contact details
- A VCD or DVD of not less than 20 and not more than 30 minutes duration. We are unable to accept video cassettes
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from the Guru / Institution
- Copy of any age proof document
Debashree Bhattacharya 2C, East Road, Jadavpur Kolkata 700 032
The last date for receiving applications is 30 May 2009.
* Ranan is unable to return any application material
* The decisions of the expert panel are final
* Live music accompaniment is mandatory for the performance
For further details, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com